CINNAMON APPLE CHIPS
Homemade apple chips are a delicious snack for both humans and dogs. One chip is never enough, so be prepared to get addicted. This apple chip recipe is incredibly healthy with no added sugar, just the natural sugar from the apples themselves. With only a pinch of cinnamon, you and your pup will be craving for more.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
3-4 crisp apples
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 225 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. Prep your apples by washing them, then use an apple corer or knife to core the apples. (I used a knife and it worked just fine).
3. Use a mandolin (highly recommended) or a very sharp knife and steady hand to slice the apples horizontally into 1/8 inch-thick rounds.
4. In a single layer, arrange the apples on the prepared baking sheets and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake for 1 hour, then remove the baking sheets and switch out the position of the sheets.
5. Continue to bake for 1 to 1 1/2 additional hours. Test the crispness of the apples by removing a single slice (let others continue baking). Wait for about 3 minutes and taste to see if it meet your crispy standards.
6. Once the apples are crispy enough, remove the apples from the oven and let them cool to room temp. OR, this is optional, for extra crispness, after you turn off the oven, allow the apples hangout in the oven and cool for about another hour.
High Paws and Apple Chips,
Me, my doods and I