KALE & BANANA DOG TREATS
Good food can make you happy and dogs are living proof. Any time you give a dog a snack, he lights up with excitement. Keep those happy vibes shining by treating your pup to these delicious, healthy treats. A tasty combination of kale, banana and coconut oil, will have your dog’s tail wagging with joy. You’ll be kale ‘em with happiness.
Kale: superfood that contains essential vitamins such as beta carotene, calcium, vitamin K, vitamin C, and lutein.
Banana: rich in potassium and improves digestion
Coconut Oil: promotes energy, boosts immune system, improves skin and coat
2 cups Kale leaves (remove stems and ribs)
1 1/2 - 2 cups Kale
1 large ripe banana
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl, thoroughly mash up the banana until there’s only small pieces left
3. Whisk the egg into the banana, then add the coconut oil and whisk all three ingredients until evenly combined
4. Add kale to the banana mixture and stir
5. Mix in the flour and don’t be afraid to use your hands. If the dough is a little dry, add the water using 1 tablespoon at a time - mix the dough after each tablespoon, you might not need the full 1/4 cup
6. Form the dough into a ball or even better two separate balls
7. Roll out the dough to about 1/4” thick, then use cookie cutters to cut the dough into shapes
7. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown
8. Allow treats to cool completely before serving to your pup
High Paws and Kale Treats,
Me, my doods and I
A friendly reminder: Dog nutrition is something I’ve learned through self-education and conversations with our holistic vet. All the recipes I make are made with real food ingredients that both my dogs eat regularly. Every dog is different though, it’s always best to chat with your veterinarian and/or breeder before introducing any new food or supplement to your dog.