NEW YEAR'S EVE: PUPPY PARTY
New Year’s Eve is one of the biggest party nights of the year. Glitter and sparkles, champagne and cocktails, all to welcome in a new year and fresh start. While the glitz and glam is fun for us humans, it can be a bit much for our furry friends. The loud noises can make dogs nervous, creating anxiety, and that’s no way to start off of the new year.
Sometimes the perfect way to celebrate with your fur babe is staying home, cuddled up on the couch. No need to RSVP because you and your pup are on the VIP list for the most exclusive NYE bash. Added bonus, you already know who you’ll be kissing when the ball drops…your four-legged bestie!
Just because you’re staying in doesn’t mean you can't have the ultimate party. Grab your party hats and cocktail glasses because I’m sharing three dog-friendly recipes, two pup-tails (aka dog-friendly cocktails) and a bacon cookie recipe that will have your pup drooling for more.
Blend together 1/2 cup of coconut water with a few mint leaves. Stir with a sweet potato stick.
Mash about 1/8 cup of peaches, then mix with about a 1/2 cup of coconut water.
VITO’S SECRET BACON COOKIE RECIPE
If you’ve been following Vito on Instagram from the beginning, then know already know how much he LOVES bacon! A few years ago, we ended up with a couple extra slices and I didn't want them to go waste. Knowing how much Vito loves it, I created this recipe for him. Now, anytime I make these cookies, both Vito and Luca go nuts. Friends have begged me for Vito's secret recipe and I’ve never shared it…until now :)
1 3/4 cups oat flour (extra for rolling out the dough)
1 CUP BACON, chopped up into tiny pieces
1/2 all natural peanut butter (if your pup has a sensitive tummy, substitute banana for PB)
* If your dough is dry, add a few tablespoons of water for moisture. Sometimes you'll need this if your peanut butter doesn't add a lot of natural oil.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine oat flour and bacon in a larger bowl
3. Beat together eggs and peanut butter until smooth
3. Fold peanut butter/egg mixture into the oat flour and bacon (dog mom tip: use your hands to knead all the ingreidients together and form dough into a ball)
4. Flatten your dough into a disc, wrap it in saran (plastic) wrap and let it chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes. This will help solidify the fats in the dough so when it bakes all the yummy flavors come together.
4. Dust your counter or a large space with flour, then roll dough out to about 1/4 - 1/8” thick. Grab your favorite cookie cutters and cut into shapes
5. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges are golden
6. Allow treats to cool completely before serving to your pup.
High Paws and Happy New Year,
Me, my doods and I
#newyearseve #dogfriendly #dogrecipes #dogbacontreats #nye2020