PUMPKIN SPICE MINI MUFFINS
These mini muffins are a great way to celebrate the fall season. With just a pinch of sweetness and healthy helping of pumpkin, they’re the perfect way to satisfy your pumpkin spice cravings. Both you and your dog will be drooling for more.
This recipe is super easy and convenient because all you will need is a blender or food processor to mix the ingredients together.
1 3/4 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup greek yogurt
1 cup pure pumpkin puree
3 tbsp honey
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp alcohol free pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup cream cheese
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp oat milk or water
1. Preheat oven to 425. Prepare muffin tin by spraying with a non-stick spray or muffin liners.
2. Put all the ingredients into your blender or food processor and mix together until smooth.
3. Pour batter into your prepared muffin tin or use a tablespoon to spoon the mixture into the muffin, filling to the top.
4. Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes or until you can do a toothpick check - stick one in and see if comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool before serving and/or topping with the frosting.
Optional: To make the frosting - whip the three ingredients together (cream cheese, honey, oat milk/water). Once whipped, spoon into a piping bag then begin to frost the cupcakes. If you don't have a piping bag you can always frost the cupcakes using a butter knife.
High Paws and Pumpkin Mini Muffins,
Me, my doods and I
A friendly reminder: Dog nutrition is something I’ve learned through self-education and conversations with our holistic vet. All the recipes I make are made with real food ingredients that both my dogs eat regularly. Since every dog is different it’s always best to chat with your veterinarian and/or breeder before introducing any new food or supplement to your dog.