PUPPY BOWL NACHOS
Our favorite unofficial national holiday is this Sunday, the Super Bowl! We’re prepping for the big game with a delicious recipe that both you and your pup can share! You might be thinking, 'why would I eat the same thing as my dog?' Well, feeding your dog fresh, whole foods promotes a healthy diet. Think about it...if it’s not something you would eat, why feed it to your dogs. Now just because it’s healthy doesn’t mean you should feed your dog the entire plate of nachos in one sitting. As with all snacks, moderation is key.
Whether or not you’re a football fan, this recipe is guaranteed to make your four-legged fan feel like the real MVP. I'm warning you though, these nachos are so good (and super easy to make) that you’ll want to bookmark this recipe because you’re going to be craving them even when football season ends.
PUPPY BOWL NACHOS
1 - 2 sweet potatoes (enough to cover the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet)
1 bell pepper or any veggie of your choice
1/4c - 1/2c goat cheese or low-fat mozzarella
1/2c chopped bacon or any meat you and your pup prefer
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Cover a 9 x 13 inch baking sheet with tin foil and coat with olive oil
3. Slice up sweet potatoes as thinly as possible, about 1/4 - 1/8 inch thick. Cover the bottom of the baking sheet with sweet potato slices (its okay if they overlap each other)
4. Chop bell pepper into small pieces, then scatter on top of sweet potatoes
5. Add the meat of your choice as the next layer
6. Sprinkle cheese evenly on top of everything
7. Bake for about 20-25 minutes
8. Allow to cool before serving
We’d love to see you and your pups enjoying these game-day nachos. Please share with us on Instagram by using hashtag #puppybowlnachos and tag @vitothedogfather.
High Paws and Super Bowl Snacks,
Me, my doods and I
#dogfriendly #superbowlsnacks #nachos #dogtreats #dogrecipes