VITO'S SECRET BACON COOKIE RECIPE
A recipe that will leave your dog begging for more...Vito's Bacon Cookies!
A recipe SO good, it deserves it’s own dedicated post!
Vito is obsessed with all things bacon...from his bandanas to his favorite snack, VITO LOVES BACON! It was only fitting that he should have a special bacon recipe that I could whip up anytime he needed to get his bacon fix.
So how did Vito's bacon cookies happen? Well, every Sunday I'd make Vito and I brunch - homemade pancakes and bacon. A few years ago, we ended up with a couple extra slices and I didn't want them to go waste. Knowing how much Vito loves it, I created this recipe for him. Now, anytime I make these cookies, both Vito and Luca go nuts. Friends have been begging me for Vito's secret recipe and I’ve never shared it…
until now :)
1 3/4 cups oat flour (extra for rolling out the dough)
1 CUP COOKED BACON, chopped up into tiny pieces (this is the difference between Vito's bacon cookies and others!)
1/2 all natural peanut butter (if your pup has a sensitive tummy, substitute banana for PB)
* If your dough is dry, add a few tablespoons of water for moisture. Sometimes you'll need this if your peanut butter doesn't add a lot of natural oil.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Combine oat flour and bacon in a larger bowl
3. Beat together eggs and peanut butter until smooth
3. Fold peanut butter/egg mixture into the oat flour and then add BACON (dog mom tip: use your hands to knead all the ingreidients together and form dough into a ball)
4. Flatten your dough into a disc, wrap it in saran (plastic) wrap and let it chill in the fridge for about 10 minutes. This will help solidify the fats in the dough so when it bakes all the yummy flavors come together.
4. Dust your counter or a large space with flour, then roll dough out to about 1/4 - 1/8” thick. Grab your favorite cookie cutters and cut into shapes
5. Bake for about 25 minutes or until the edges are golden
6. Allow treats to cool completely before serving to your pup.
High Paws and Bacon Dreams,
Me, my doods and I