CRISPY BAKED CHICKPEAS
This one is for the humans! Perfectly seasoned, crispy chickpeas that will satisfy your salty cravings with each crunchy bite. I love chickpeas because they are incredibly nutritious, loaded with fiber and protein, making them an excellent, healthy snack. Full warning though, these crunchy chickpeas are very addictive and literally finger licking good. Once you have one, you can’t stop. Enjoy!
1 15 oz can chickpeas
1/2 to 1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground cracked pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Spread them out on a towel and gently pat them dry. Remove any loose chickpea skins.
3. In a small bowl, mix together paprika, garlic powder, sea salt and pepper. Set aside.
A little baking tip: for truly crispy, crunchy chickpeas, you will want to follow these three baking cycles...
4. FIRST, bake dried, naked chickpeas for 15 minutes. When I say naked, I mean DO NOT add any of the other ingredients yet. Baking undressed chickpeas will help remove any excess moisture, giving you that extra crunch at the end!
5. SECOND, remove the chickpeas from the oven and it’s time to dress them up with the spices. Drizzle the olive oil over the chickpeas and stir to evenly distribute the oil. Add your spices and stir (or use the parchment paper to shake) until evenly coated.
6. Return to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
7. THIRD and final baking cycle! By now the chickpeas have been baking for about 25-30 minutes. This is where most people throw in the towel but not true crunch enthusiasts. This last cycle is pretty simple…give the chickpeas a little stir, then continue to bake them for another 10-15 minutes, until the ultimate crispiness is achieved!
8. This last step is optional. When you’re finished baking, turn off the oven, crack the door a bit and allow chickpeas to cool in the oven
High Paws and Crunchy Snacks,
Me, my doods and I