HOMEMADE POTATO CHIPS
If you want some hardcore ASMR crunchy potato chips, you've come to the right place. These healthy homemade potato chips are packed with flavor and loaded with crunch without deep frying! For this recipe, I’m using purple potatoes but you can use any potato of your liking.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
5 small-medium sized potatoes
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
*if you want a little spice, add 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Using a mandolin, slice potatoes into thin round pieces. Aim for about 1/8 inch thick.
3. DO NOT TOSS IN OLIVE OIL or spices yet…First, spread the potato slices in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet then bake for 10 minutes. The first bake will help remove excess moisture, giving you that extra crunch at the end!
4. After the 10 minutes pass, remove the potato slices from the oven, put them in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and half the salt. They might be a little sticky but that’s okay, the olive oil will help keep them from sticking to one another.
5. Spread the potato slices back onto the baking sheet in a single layer. Return to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes. If you bake the full 10 minutes this is a great place to stop, otherwise bake for half the time and move onto the next step…
6. This final baking cycle is optional and if you choose this route, you won’t be disappointed. I always like to toss my slices once more to help flip/rotate them around, ensuring each slice gets baked to crunchy perfection. After you give them another toss, spread the slices out in a single layer and bake for another 5 minutes (please note you’ll only want to bake for 5 minutes in the step above).
7. When you’re finished baking, let chips cool on the baking tray before serving.
High Paws and Potato Chips,
Me, my doods and I