CAROB DIPPED STRAWBERRIES
Who doesn’t love chocolate covered strawberries? With Valentine’s day less than a week away, I thought it would be fun to make a dog friendly version of this classic desert.
To make this recipe fido friendly, I’m replacing chocolate with carob. The ASPCA recommends carob as a healthy, non-toxic chocolate alternative. Chocolate should never be given to dogs. Theobromine and caffeine, both of which are found in chocolate, are extremely dangerous and toxic for dogs. Carob provides all the yummy taste of chocolate but without the risk.
CAROB DIPPED YOGURT COVERED STRAWBERRIES
makes about 12-24 depending on the size of your treat mold
1 cup plain greek yogurt
5-6 ripe strawberries, chopped and mashed up
1/2 cup carob chips
Cake pop silicone dish or any treat mold or ice cube tray
1. Mix together yogurt and mashed strawberries until evenly combined
2. Spoon yogurt/strawberry mixture into your treat mold
3. Melt carob chips to a liquid like consistency so its easy to pour
4. Drizzle melted carob chips over the yogurt/strawberry mixture until covered
5. Place in the freezer for 5 hours or overnight before spoiling your furry friend
High Paws and Strawberry Dreams,
Me, my doods and I