HEARTBEET CUPCAKES or CAKE POPS
After making our Heart-beet dog treats, I had some leftover beet puree that I didn’t want to waste. I wanted to make something that was a delicious treat both you and your pup could enjoy together. So here is a two for one recipe post…
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1/2 cup beet puree
2 tsps alcohol free vanilla extract
2 tbsps honey
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a mini muffin tin with cupcake liners or by spraying with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, mash up the bananas - I like to use a potato masher to mash mine up.
3. Add beet puree, vanilla, and honey.
4. Whisk in the melted coconut oil.
5. Add almond flour and mix everything together until evenly combined.
6. Spoon the batter into your prepared mini muffin tin. Fill each muffin mold to about the rim.
7. Place in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until you stick a toothpick inside and it comes out clean.
8. Let cool before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days.