HEARTBEET CUPCAKES or CAKE POPS
After making our Heart-beet dog treats, I had some leftover beet puree that I didn’t want to waste. I wanted to make something that was a delicious treat both you and your pup could enjoy together. So here is a two for one recipe post…
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
1/2 cup beet puree
2 tsps alcohol free vanilla extract
2 tbsps honey
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1 cup almond flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a mini muffin tin with cupcake liners or by spraying with coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl, mash up the bananas - I like to use a potato masher to mash mine up.
3. Add beet puree, vanilla, and honey.
4. Whisk in the melted coconut oil.
5. Add almond flour and mix everything together until evenly combined.
6. Spoon the batter into your prepared mini muffin tin. Fill each muffin mold to about the rim.
7. Place in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until you stick a toothpick inside and it comes out clean.
8. Let cool before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days.
FOR CAKE POPS
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Cooked cupcakes or cake (you can make a cake with the above recipe by cooking the above ingredients in a 8x8 cake pan for 45 minutes or until you insert a toothpick and it comes out clean)
Red Food Coloring
Cake Pop Sticks
Cake Pop Holder
1. Make colored sprinkles - pour a half cup or one cup of sesame seeds into a ziplock bag, then put a few drops of red food coloring inside. Shake until the sesame seeds are covered and they turn a red/pink color.
2. Using your hands or a fork start to crumble or shred the cupcakes or cake.
3. Roll the crumbled cake into 1” balls. Cover and let sit in the fridge for about 30 minutes, then insert a cake pop stick into each.
4. Heat carob chips until they become a melted liquid, then dip your cake ball inside the melted carob, covering all sides.
5. Roll the carob covered cake balls in the colored sesame seeds, then place on the cake pop holder and wait for the chocolate to harden before serving.
6. Store in the refrigerator for up to 5-7 days.
High Paws and Double Heartbeet Treats ,
Me, my doods and I