Keep your pup’s breath minty fresh with this simple dog treat recipe. These yummy treats are made just three ingredients, two of which are banana and mint. Bananas are high in fiber and potassium. They’re also a great source of vitamin B6 and C. Mint leaves can help freshen your pup’s breath but that's not the only health benefit. Mint can also be used to soothe an upset tummy, digestive issues, as well as motion sickness.
These minty treats are a great way to give your dog a kissable mouth, however, these are not meant to clean your dog’s teeth. If you’re looking for something to give your pup both fresh breath and a healthy mouth, check out our homemade dog toothpaste.
1/2 cup banana
1/2 cup finely chopped mint leaves
1 cup oat flour (plus extra for rolling out the dough)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mash the banana up until there is only small pieces left.
3. Add mint leaves and oat flour to the banana.
4. Mix everything together until a dough forms, then shape it into a ball and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
5. Flour a counter top and roll out the dough to about 1/4” thick, then use cookie cutters to cut the dough into shapes.
6. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
7. Allow treats to cool completely before serving to your pup.
If leaving treats out on the kitchen counter, store them in an airtight container. Treats should stay fresh for about 4 - 6 day on the counter and up to 1 1/2 weeks in the fridge.